BSFL Just attempting to escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm currently attempting to gutload and grow some black soldier fly maggots by following the guide that is stickied above, all they seem to be doing is attempting to escape, is there a way to prevent this? right now just so I don't have maggots everywhere I put plastic wrap across the top and poked a ton of holes with a skewer so they can't get out until I can figure out why they are more intent on escaping rather than eating, the black ones are the ones that seem to be most concerned with escaping, I did see in another post that the black ones are close to pupating could they be seeking higher ground to pupate? any advice would be appreciated

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
The black ones are in their prepupal stage, they are trying to find somewhere safe to morph into flies. Since they are trying to crawl-off they probably wont be interested in food again. These are also the ones highest in calcium, so you could just feed them off first. That guide looks like a lot of gross work :puke:

I have just started with BSFL but mine seem fine with a little bit of soggy squash to chomp on. I have them on coco fiber bedding with a little bit of food in the middle, so they don't get damp enough to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom