Dubia Roaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about breeding them for my baby beardie!

Is it easy?
What supplies do I need?
Are they easy to sell off if there's too many and how would you go about that?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's very easy to care for them, but takes time for them to breed, especially if you start off with a small colony. I started with 500 and they were pretty well established by about 6 months. I have a 20g tank with a screen lid and a heating pad under one side. It sits on a baker's rack to allow ventilation. They live in cardboard tubes and I feed them scrap veges. They seem to love squash and green beans. They also dig right into orange slices. They'll eat greens too but not as enthusiastically. Other than making sure they have fresh food and removing any leftovers before they mold, there isn't much else to it. They just kind of do their thing. I haven't sold off any but I did bring a case of adults to my vet to help replenish her colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom