At least 100 crickets dead from Premium Crickets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
I just got my 1,000 crix in today. There was a cricket crawling outside the box??!!! Also, there 5-8 crix smashed in between the box lids?? I dumped them out and at LEAST 100 fell out dead, with a sort of old/moldy potato. Anyone experience problems with Premium Crix?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to use them regularly with no problems. Contact them asap about this and let them know. They will probably stand by their product.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jaycee...I agree that Premium crix should see about your problem. Watch that more of them don't die off in the next day or two, then you could report that as well. Sometimes they just get too hot during transport....was it a 2 day delivery or one day ? What state are they in and are you in ? If temps. were over 80 then it would get super hot on the delivery truck. If you continue to have problems you might try Armstrong, they ship next day + your bugs should arrive in good condition and you can request a cool pack.

It's best not to feed dead crickets....it's one thing if they are just dying or to kill them and use them right away but you don't know if these were dead for many hours.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi, thank you!

I don't know what state they are in, but I will check into that. I'm in Texas.
Next time I'll try someone else.

It does getabove 80 most days. Today it was aroung 90-95.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's probably the problem then....by the time they arrive they have been on a hot truck for a couple of hours. What time do you usually get them ? Thankfully most were alive, it could have been more dead than that even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom