Dubia time ? Help, tips, advice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have posted a few times on here about my spoiled brat Natsu. He doesn't like to eat, however I am starting to notice a pattern. He likes "worm" like things. He honestly doesn't do the crickets well? o_O its so weird. He just refuses. And that's cool because I have been making progress handling him and feeding him a little better. So I ordered around 200 little Dubia roaches. I want this to be his staple. I want to start a colony to breed. I have the 200 for now to start him feeding. Tips on how to begin breeding them? I got water crystals and a 20 gallon tub. Its plastic, from Kmart. What heat pad is safe for this ? What is a temp I should be hitting? How should I begin about this ? Anything would help and be much appreciated. I have collection of little dudes coming soon so this Dubia thing should really take care of a lot. Got a Pacman coming in and a "rescued" Leopard Gecko. So the money saving will hopefully be phenomenal! :) Here's my "Monster", --->

Small edit, how do I "gutload"?

Kessed

Hatchling Member
It's active at times.

I'd love to help but I'm in Canada where roaches are illegal. I hope someone comes around to help soon.

Your baby looks adorable. If you are interested check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216804

warhawk

I would like to know about setting up a colony of Dubia also. That is one feeder I have never tried to get started but it is on my list for this summer.

I have set up other colony feeders and I suggest you take about 50 of the biggest ones you have and start with those. Those need to be off limits and don't feed with them, you will go thru the 200 pretty quick so make sure you keep enough set aside to breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom