Beardie is mad at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesleone

OK so I order crickets for my 6 month old beardie from Fluckers and they are out of crickets at this time. I order some meal worms and tried to feed him this morning and he looks at me like WTF where are my crickets. Is they something else I can replace the crickets with that is good for him and doesnt cost an arm and a leg. He was eating crickets 2-3 times a day. Could use some help. post comment on here or email me at [email protected] thank you

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I would nix those mealworms as babies have trouble digesting them and can cause impaction. Good feeders are dubia roaches, Phoenix worms, silk worms, butter worms are all good. I know what you mean about feeders being expensive, but as he gets older he won't eat as much feeders. I have 3 adults and a roach colony and then I just give hornworms as treats once in a while.

francesleone

Original Poster
I will have to try that roaches are too big for him? I have been sick myself today so he is having salad...not too happy but has eaten some...

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Both of my dragons are 3 months and under and they eat roaches. My boy is 13 1/2 weeks and can manage to eat 1/2" nymphs (baby roaches) when they accidentally fall into his bowl. As long as you buy the roaches as nymphs that are size appropriate he should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom