Crk8man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on in a good while due to life being busy for me the last couple years (as I graduated highschool and moved into my own apartment, got a job, etc.)

But I've been wondering for a good while what happened to crk8man.com?

I've been trying to find another really good place to bulk order crickets from since the site disappeared, but haven't had nearly as good of results.

Back when I first joined this site, I had 3 beardies, so I was buying 1000ct crickets at a time from that site, and each and every time I was more than satisfied with the service. My crickets arrived lively, most alive (and I mean maybe like 30 dead TOPS) and there were no extra bugs in the package. When that site went down, I tried ordering from Flukers, but what I got was HORRIBLE. Out of the 1000ct I ordered from them, maybe 30 TOPS came in alive. I tried out another place a while back, only about half the crickets arrived alive, and when I sent a message to the company I did not receive a reply.

Now I'm just buying 100ct at a time from petsmart until I find a decent place or am able to start breeding my own. It kind of sucks that crk8man seems to be out of business? Or maybe they moved places or changed names? I can't figure out what happened, and would love to know if anyone had any information. Still kind of hoping they're still in business somewhere...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure about that site, I haven't seen or heard of it. I've had good luck with premiumcrickets in the past though. Crickets are healthy and arrive in good shape. Shipping is quick and they won't ship if weather conditions would be harmful.

SilverAnemosLupa

Original Poster
That site is actually the other place where I ordered from and half of them arrived dead (I also paid extra for winter packaging but I don't believe I got it (There was just a box inside of a box? Unless that's what winter packaging is, then yeah I did receive it)

I considered trying again and just ordering 500 at a time, in hopes that more would arrive here alive, but have been searching around a bit for other options before I do so. I'll probably give them another try sometime soon though, hearing from you that you've had a good experience. Thanks for the response :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's surprising. The winter packaging is an outer box around the one with mesh sides and it includes a heat pack or two. I've ordered both in winter and summer without much of a dieoff. Did you contact them about this? They may wind up sending the difference to you.

That said, there are plenty of good choices out there. That's just the only place I've gotten crickets from. Perhaps you'll have a better result if you order from a place that is close to you geographically.

SilverAnemosLupa

Original Poster
Ah, if that's what winter packaging was then I did indeed get that, that's good to know!

And I did try to contact them about it but didn't receive any response /: I'm going to try ordering 500 at a time instead of 1000 in hopes that maybe most will arrive in good condition. If they don't though, I'll continue to search around `w` Thank you so much for your response!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom