I have chirpers!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
:-x

There are 4 adult crickets in my cricket container. They are chirping. Against my husband's wishes I caught 3 of them and put them outside. I cannot wait for my worm shipment to get here. I HATE these things...

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OMG - There are more of them!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot handle the chirping noise. I am now sitting in my living room with ear protection on so that I can eat my breakfast without doing something silly...

lol

I had no idea that I couldn't handle chirping. So... Worms it will be from now on. I already have meal worms, and I think I'm going to order some silk worm eggs. That should do me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I kept my crickets in the basement so the sound wasn't so bad. I noticed the smaller ones don't seem to chirp as much if at all and the crickets I got from the pet store were much noisier than the ones from premiumcrickets. Ultimately I switched over to dubia roaches and they are silent which is nice =)

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am going to feed off the rest of these crickets and then hopefully no more (or only small ones). I have mealworms started (but I don't really want to feed them for a couple months to let the colony start). And I'm going to go buy some silk worms today from a local place to see if my dragon likes them. If so, then I'm ordering eggs and I'll start with them.

I'd be happy to do roaches, but I'm in Canada.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes the roaches would be an issue in Canada unfortunately. Hopefully the silks will turn out to be a hit. They are a good feeder bug.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I hate chirping crickets too, even the ones outside irritate me. I've went so far as to catch the offending cricket and use a small pair of scissors to cut of the wings so it can't chirp.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
LOL Gail!!!

I'm so used to hearing crickets and locusts where I live that the sound doesn't actually bother me, it's almost like background noise now. I do notice that if I end up staying in the city I actually MISS it. :lol:

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I made chirpsicles yesterday... I put the adults in a container in the freezer and left them there!!!! For a moment I thought about whether or not it was cruel... But then I remembered what it looks like when Zaxxi eats them.

Once they were frozen, I put the chirpsicles out for the birds to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom