Larva in dubia colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorch1

I went to check on our dubia colony and the water crystals were almost all gone. It had a lot of tiny thin whitish larvae in the dish with the water crystals. I do have small black beetles that have come in our dubias that we have purchased that I believe are cleaner crews but I think their larvae is more hairy looking than what I am seeing in the dish.

Any ideas on what this could be? Do I need to be concerned? Other than an occasional dead adult I think our colony is doing well (just started 1-2 months ago). I think maybe the dead adults were older when I got them??

Thanks,
Jamie

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I think I "accidentally" got some cleaner crew in with my order, which were these worm-like things and a few small black beetle-looking things. I took all of them out only because I don't want anything but dubia in my colony, not saying they are good or bad because I'm not really sure. I just don't want them. I make sure to keep the food fresh for them so I don't feel that I necessarily need cleaner crews, I take out whatever scraps they don't eat so there isn't a mold issue.

Hopefully someone with a long-running colony has better insight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom