How do you get feeders in the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargle

Partly because I'm thinking of moving my beardie into my apartment and partly out of curiosity, how do those of you who live in cities get your feeders? I live in a small-ish city that doesn't have any pet stores that carry feeder insects, and I don't think my landlord would be pleased if they found I got live insects shipped to the building. So, how do you do it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Shipping would probably be the best bet. With crickets, you'll need to order them monthly or so. Could you have them shipped to work or another address and then bring them in? If not, you may want to look around the area (craigslist etc) for an established dubia roach colony and pick that up. They are self sustaining after a while so if you can pick up an established colony it wouldn't require shipping or trips to the store other than for veges to feed them. If you don't find an established colony, you could start your own by ordering a large mixed group but it may take a few months to get it established and build a few generations of bugs so you can start feeding some of them off.

kackerman

CooperDragon is right that shipping will probably cost you less. An alternative to crickets that are healthier and live a lot longer (so you could buy only every couple of months) is dubias. You can get a good deal on them at discountdubias.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom