breeding hornworms and supers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
I read the worm guide and it suggested not using hornworms as staples so we are going to raise superworms too. But we are just wondering whats the best way to raise hornworms for feeders?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here is some info on hornworms http://www.alamocityagama.com/hornworm-breeding. Supers are easy to raise. Just put them in a bin full of chow and put some greens on top occasionally for their hydration and they'll just do their thing. Refresh the chow once in a while and that's about it. Since they are somewhat fatty, I wouldn't use them as a staple worm either. Silk worms are probably your best bet as a staple worm but using all of them for variety is a good idea.

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":tpzeg3ap said:
Here is some info on hornworms http://www.alamocityagama.com/hornworm-breeding. Supers are easy to raise. Just put them in a bin full of chow and put some greens on top occasionally for their hydration and they'll just do their thing. Refresh the chow once in a while and that's about it. Since they are somewhat fatty, I wouldn't use them as a staple worm either. Silk worms are probably your best bet as a staple worm but using all of them for variety is a good idea.

silk worms? i've never tried him on those yet. I'll look into those too. Thanks for the link and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom