Where to buy 1,000, 2,000 crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Last time I bought crickets at PetSmart and I got 36 of them. Miss Buddy ate every single on in 1 or 1 1/2 days. I'm looking for live crickets in bulk. Maybe 1,000 or 2,000. Do you guys recomend any other good insects?

Thanks!
Jaycee

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to get them 1000 at a time from premium crickets. I found it best to order them a bit smaller as you're doing and letting them grow in their tank because their lifespan is so limited. The 1000 order usually lasted 3-4 weeks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you can order small dubias just like you would with crickets. They can be more expensive than crickets that way however. If you have the choice I'd definitely order them over crickets because they're much easier to keep, heartier, and are much less smelly. The more economical way to do it is to start a dubia colony which takes several months to establish. Once it's established though, they replenish on their own which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom