Where do you buy your Bearded Dragon food online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
If you do, where do you get your crickets, worms, roaches etc.

I'm from SoCal and I'm going to start purchasing feeders online since I'm going to have a ton of baby beardies soon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may be best to try and find a supplier somewhat close to you (at least California based) in order to decrease shipping lenth/stress. I've ordered crickets from premiumcrickets and worms from lindasgonebuggie and had good experiences with both. I think LLL Reptile and Mulberry Farms are both California based.

MAK

Hatchling Member
I buy dubia from abdragons.com . I get reward points from prchases and then get 5 bucks off every few orders. You should get a big order with large dubia and let the big ones turn to adults so they start breeding.= free dubia.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used abdragons for my dubia order as well. I just let them grow and established a colony from a mix pack of 500 and 10 months later the colony is doing very well.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've been checking around the sites looking for the best price.

From Mulberryfarms, I can get 1,000 count of large superworms for $33.83 (includes shipping). They also sell the better stuff such as hornworms and phoenix worms; although, I haven't checked count availability or prices yet for those..

From Premium Crickets, I can get 1,000 count of pinheads for $33.36 (includes shipping) and a 1,000 count of 3/4" crickets for $37.33.

I'm kind of worried about shipping since I live in the desert and summer is starting. As a result, temps are getting close to 80-90f so far.

I checked LLL and I can get pinheads or 3/4" crickets for just about the same price as Premium Crickets.

I think Premium crickets and Mulberryfarms is located in GA, so I may be better off going with LLL for crickets; but I may have to deal with Mulberry regardless unless there's another place closer to Cali for worms.

Worms from LLL seem expensive at first glance.

From ABD, I can get 100 count of Large Dubia for $23.20 or 200 count for $35.20 free shipping.

Decisions decisions....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had good luck from PremiumCrickets (GA To IA 2nd day). If you're worried though and price is similar go LLL so it's a shorter shipping distance. Go with the larger count from ABD and set them aside to start a colony for a few months.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":241tdk3s said:
I've had good luck from PremiumCrickets (GA To IA 2nd day). If you're worried though and price is similar go LLL so it's a shorter shipping distance. Go with the larger count from ABD and set them aside to start a colony for a few months.

Will do.

Are there any other places closer to Cali? So far just LLL? I'm not sure where ABD is.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
LLL is in CA. I think Mulberryfarms is too. I'm not sure where ABD is but they got my order to me in IA no problem and very healthy last September. Colony based on their mix order is still going strong.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":tw8spzd7 said:
I think Mulberryfarms is too.

I just double checked, their contact page shows Cali and my same area code by phone so I guess so. At first, I Googled and GA came up; although, checking again, it was the wrong Mulberry haha.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah there's another Mulberry but not feeders and they are in GA. The reputable feeder place is in CA. If it's the same zip you may be able to set up some kind of pickup arrangement with them which would be ideal. At least the shipping will be short and should be cheap...

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Just for reference, I recently purchased from Mulberry farms and the shipment came from California. :) If that helps you.

Ed707

Hatchling Member
Rainbow mealworms is in Compton and a good breeder, I order from them or mulberry farms for worms and I'm in norcal. I used dubideli for my dubia there in cali somewhere forget actually where but they have lowest prices I've found for dubia and my shipment of a thousand came with 0 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom