Not sure if my roaches are eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juce23

It doesn't look like my roaches are eating.. I have an orange slice , a tiny cup of chow, and some turnip green stalks with some leaves left on them that I had left over from my beardies salad.. The temp is good.. Warm side is in the 90's.. Cooler side in the 80's.. That's where the food is.. Should I have the food on the warmer side? Or are they eating and maybe I'm just not able to tell..

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Dry food is hard to tell but the veggies should show signs of nibbling, like little divets and scooped out areas.

Juce23

Original Poster
Yeah.. Not seeing many signs on the veggies.. They did eat some of the orange. I could see that... I only have around 60 in the colony.. 3 adult pairs and 3 extra male adults.. Plus 50 small and medium... I can hear them moving around at night.. Hope I'm doing everything right

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a fairly small colony so they may not be eating much yet. I'd keep the housing on the warm side and the food on the cool side. Try rotating the veges a bit and see if you find something they start to crawl over. I know they tend to like oranges which you mentioned they ate a bit of so that's good. I'd keep up with what you're doing and give them time to multiply to the point where they're eating so much you'll see results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom