Dubia heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestyne

Hi my names celestyne and i have a 5 to 6 month old beardie named Nova. I recently got some dubia roaches and im working on getting a colony going. Does any one know of cheap ways to heat up the tank? I living in the north and it gets cold here in the winter. I heard the roaches like the temperature in the 90's to breed and grow fast. But, i know they dont like light and the only means i have to heat them is an old heat lamp. I know it dosent get to 90 in there and my family is getting into bad times, got into a slight car accident, getting nova and making a tank and supplies for her, getting the colony, moms car breaking down, and my birthday in a month (just about everything on my list is stuff i need for nova and the roaches) so finding cheap ways to heat them up so they start breeding and growing fast would be ideal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use an under tank heater and house mine in a glass 20g tank. The tank sits on a bakers rack so there is ventilation underneath. I put the cardboard above the heater so their housing area stays pretty warm even in the winter. You can also try using a ceramic heat emitter to heat from above, but I've heard that can dry the air out very quickly so you'd want to keep that in mind.

writejenn

I have mine in shallow tubs on top of a freezer in my garage. The temps run in the low to mid 90s on the bottom of the tub. You could probably do the same on top of your fridge, I have my bins in cardboard boxes on 3 with 3 sides and open on the top to retain heat and block light as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom