He doesn't like Pheonix worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novia

Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried feeding him pheonix worms for 2 days now and he never seems even the slightest bit interested... I spent too much money on them for them to go to waste... any suggestions on how to get him to eat them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Have you tried mixing them into a salad? Maybe that or if you hold them in your hand and let them wiggle around it would get his interest.

19nick93

Hatchling Member
Hi Novia, yes the same thing happened with me. I ordered 400 of them thinking he would love them. He's only eaten maybe 20 over the span of a few months. Luckily my brother's Dragon loves them so they didn't go to waste. Every Dragon has different taste buds I suppose.

anwyn

Interesting, I just bought Mort calciworms (we don't get Phoenix worms in the UK but I read they're almost the same thing?) and she just has no interest. Tried a few times and she had two from a bowl the first time then ignored them, had one from my hand the second time, but really uninterested. I also found one pretty completely intact in her poop the 3rd day (everything else fine, poop-wise) so I'm guessing she doesn't like them and they just didn't agree with her.

Luckily I only bought 100 so no big loss! I really would like to know the best way to dispose of them without them hatching though - since they're non-native here. Or if feeding to birds would be ok.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
anwyn":1zi5e8xz said:
Interesting, I just bought Mort calciworms (we don't get Phoenix worms in the UK but I read they're almost the same thing?) and she just has no interest. Tried a few times and she had two from a bowl the first time then ignored them, had one from my hand the second time, but really uninterested. I also found one pretty completely intact in her poop the 3rd day (everything else fine, poop-wise) so I'm guessing she doesn't like them and they just didn't agree with her.

Luckily I only bought 100 so no big loss! I really would like to know the best way to dispose of them without them hatching though - since they're non-native here. Or if feeding to birds would be ok.

Calci worms are another brand name of black soldier fly larvae.

You can freeze them to kill them then probably feed them to the birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom