Just got my feeder shipment! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novia

Hey guys! I know you've probably heard from me a lot lately. I just got my first shipment (I have another coming) of feeders. This one is the variety feeder pack from Premiumcrickets.com.
I was pretty pleased. There are too many to count, so I can't sat if it was accurate, but I definetely got what I ordered. The only thing that stinks is that the superworms are HUGE. I thought they might be too bug for my little guy but these things are humungous. I've never seen anything like it. So... I'll probably be giving those away for sure. And the pheomix worms are smaller than I expected. I did order small ones, but I thought they'd be a little bigger.... Oh well. Newbie mistake. He'll happily eat them anyway I'm sure. They didn't include the second winter packing thing (just a crappy hand warmer, idk how that helps) which I paid an extra $2 for... All the worms, crickets, and roaches seemed very alive though so I was please with that. I'll probably post my unboxing video on youtube soon.
All in all, I was very pleased.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear they arrived safely. Their winter packaging is usually a hand warmer and an external box. Without that, it's just the box with the screen sides. The supers are quite big as adults. That's why they are recommended for dragons 16'' and larger. You can take them and put them in a small rubbermaid bin with some dry chow and they'll likely live happily until they can be eaten. Just put a fresh green or two on the top every few days so they can pull it in and get some moisture. I ordered some supers back in July and the same colony is still chugging away happily in my basement with minimal attention. Phoenix Worms are definitely on the small side but are a great feeder. You just have to make up for it a bit with quantity.

Novia

Original Poster
Definitely good to know the Supers will last. If no one in town wants to buy them from me I will certainly just keep them.
Can these things be kept in the fridge?
- Superworms
- I know mealworms can
-Phoenix worms, no according to the website
- Waxworms

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't refrigerate Supers. They live in a 6'' deep bin in the basement next to the roach tank. Phoenix Worms are better at room temp as the site mentioned. Waxworms can go in the fridge but I wouldn't use many of them because of their high fat content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom