Will phoenix worms grow in original container?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettum

I ordered 200 large phoenix worms from a different site than I had b4.... And now I know why they were cheaper. They're NOT large worms. They might be medium but they're definitely not the right size.
So my question is, will they grow a little bit if I just leave them as they came for a week or two?
I read how to grow them yourself but I really don't want to go through all of that since I just embarked on the world of dubia breeding.
I have a small ventilated container I can put them in, and I have a banana and some carrots I can mash for them to burrow into if that's the only way to get them to grow.. But it'd be cheaper to throw them out than to go buy the heating pad, baby food, and bread. Bc I'm not buying anymore as soon as my newborn dubias are big enough to feed my dragon.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Soldier fly larvae are eager composters. They eat just about anything (including poop), but veggi/food/fruit scraps will be best considering the application. I'd try just giving them some of your dragons' greens, or the bannana and carrot. You can google black soldier fly composting - I'm not exactly sure how to prepair food (or if you even need too), you might just be able to chop it up and put it in with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom