Help pricing dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelore

Juvie Member
What do you think would be a reasonable price (not including shipping) for an established breeding colony of 1,000 dubia?

What about just 1k mixed nymphs (mostly on the larger side)?

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
My advice is check the online dubia vendors and then price accordingly depending how fast you need to get rid of them. I personally just sell my surplus on Craigslist for 100 any size for $15 and adult females for $1 each. I only do local meeting as I don't want to mess around with shipping and all that fiasco.

icelore

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have looked around online, but only found 2 places that sold in that quantity, and then it was only nymphs, not including breeding adults.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
You check places like Dubi Deli, BuyDubiaroaches.com, Kimbrell's Cold Blood? Those are the 3 that come to mind. I guess it really boils down to how fast you want to move them and how much you feel they are worth to you. Like I said, I just sell mine for $15 per 100 any size and $1 for females on my local Craigslist. Even at that price I sometimes get undercut by other people doing $10 for 100. Again I guess it boils down do you want to get rid of them for something or keep feeding your surplus which in my case got expensive as they just destroyed anything I put in the bin.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I got a large group of mixed roaches from AB Dragons for $64 shipped back in September. Was enough to get a colony started without feeding off more than a few of them.

SirBeardie

I can second ABDragons. I usually purchase them through Amazon. My most recent order just came in: 2000 small nymphs for $100.00 plus $7.99 shipping. It's freezing cold in my area so the seller directed the post office to hold for pick-up, even without any intervention from me. They've done right by me and will continue to get my business until my fledgling colony can support itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom