Butterworms are a good choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just a reminder to everyone out there, since it seems to be getting confusing to some lately.

Butterworms are a VERY nutritious feeder insect for our dragons. I'd personally rank them the 2nd best insect we could feed our dragons.

They are very low in fat, have a relatively good amount of protein, and are pretty high in calcium.

Do NOT confuse them with waxworms, which actually are bad. Just because butterworms have the word butter in them, doesn't mean, by any means, that they are fattening or bad for your dragon!

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I totally agree Brandon. Also, they keep for a VERY long time in the frig and don't really need any care at all. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Another good two points. :mrgreen:

If they were a bit more available they would definitely be my staple insect.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been getting them from lindasgonebuggie, she's in Indiana. Have you tried Mulberry lately since they are so close to you or are they out of them?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
They say they are in stock but when you go to buy they say out of stock... go figure lol. :mrgreen:

Anyways, I don't have my beardies with me currently.. hopefully in the next coming month that will change.. fingers crossed. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, I hope you get them back VERY soon. Good luck with that. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Diane.

By the way, it is nice to see you back posting. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Adriana

Hi guys,

I just ordered a batch from Elliot's Butterworms, http://www.elliotsbutterworms.com, and they are fantastic! Big, plump, and healthy. I couldn't be happier with them! Elliot's Butterworms is a direct importer, not a distributor, so they are super fresh.

I am currently experimenting with feeding and growing them. I will post something when I've worked it out.

Adriana

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Glad you like them Adriana :mrgreen:

I'm sure your beardie will too.

-Brandon

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I too get mine from Elliotts since he lives about 20 miles from me so it makes it pretty easy. Only downside is Harley LOVED butterworms for about a month. Now she is "meh" about em and back to liking her dubias and collard greens :lol: About the only thing I can count on with her taste is her love of collard greens. Might be time to try some hornworms or silkworms for her.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Death, taxes, and collard greens. :mrgreen:

The only things guaranteed in life haha. :lol:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom