What animals eat dubia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jducky18

Hatchling Member
I recently started a dubia colony, and I was hoping to sell off the extras as my colony grows. In order to prepare a decent sales pitch, I was wondering what other animals eat dubia? Beardies, clearly, but are there any other birds, fish, mamals, amphibians, reptiles, etc. that can eat dubia? If you have any personal experiences or "fun facts" outside of the fact that they're quiet and can't climb, I'd love to hear them.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Pretty much any animal that eats insects can eat them. I've seen videos of fish, lots of reptiles, frogs, spiders, centipedes, scorpions, and I think I saw one of a praying mantis one time. I would think most birds could eat them too - I imagine bird owners feed seeds because its easier and safer. Farmers may get a kick out of feeding their chickens roaches.

Do a search for "dubia roach feeding" on YouTube. You'll see all sorts of vids with different animals.

jducky18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I did see a few people mention that they feed them to guinea hens. I'll take a look on youtube and see what I come up with and do some extra research with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom