Tropical Cockroaches are Illegal In Canada!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldrose

There is a guy who sells and ships Dubia's I got 100 this fall, I seriously hated them lol!! I could not touch them... I ended up feeding off the entire colony. I will stick too breeding mealworms, superworms and crickets. Atleast I can touch them lol!

SuzukiRider Rats and Fleas are in Alberta. I use to work at the SPCA here and trust me "most" of the animals that came in from reserves and multi family farms where crawling with fleas. I didn't think we had them here until working at a shelter. They are so gross... I fostered a puppy who was treated and it took 2-3 days of baths and combing to get the dead fleas off him poor pup!

Rats are banned but there are plenty of people who have them here, breed and use as feeders. If they are caught it's a nice big fine. From what I understand if you have a rat neutered you can keep it as a pet here in Alberta. You just need a permit and a note from a Vet. $300 to neuter a rat just too keep it as a pet sounds a bit crazy too me. I'll stick with pet mice lol!

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Wyldrose":hgpq31lp said:
There is a guy who sells and ships Dubia's I got 100 this fall, I seriously hated them lol!! I could not touch them... I ended up feeding off the entire colony. I will stick too breeding mealworms, superworms and crickets. Atleast I can touch them lol!

SuzukiRider Rats and Fleas are in Alberta. I use to work at the SPCA here and trust me "most" of the animals that came in from reserves and multi family farms where crawling with fleas. I didn't think we had them here until working at a shelter. They are so gross... I fostered a puppy who was treated and it took 2-3 days of baths and combing to get the dead fleas off him poor pup!

Rats are banned but there are plenty of people who have them here, breed and use as feeders. If they are caught it's a nice big fine. From what I understand if you have a rat neutered you can keep it as a pet here in Alberta. You just need a permit and a note from a Vet. $300 to neuter a rat just too keep it as a pet sounds a bit crazy too me. I'll stick with pet mice lol!

I guess I was wrong on Alberta not having fleas. I lived in Calgary for 6 years and am now back in Alberta for the last 3, having dogs the whole time, I never experienced one flea. Thanks for correcting my error.

When I was referring to rats, I meant the wild rats that hang around and live in dumps, etc.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
This is more on the subject of rats in Alberta, I have lived in Aberta my entire life and I have seen rats in Alberta. I know we have a "rat patrol" which is ridiculous, because even they cannot catch any and all rats that cross the borders. When I lived in Calgary I trapped a rat in my own home.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Germ":3tud8wo5 said:
BDs are NOT illegal & do NOT require a Permit/License in Saskatchewan, or in most, if not all, of the other Provinces that I am aware of ...

Germain

I went to Ontario on vacation (from the United States) and had my Bearded Dragon in the back seat of my car in a clear glass cage with lights on. The boarder guard asked if I needed to declare anything and I simply said "I have a pet bearded dragon with me - a lizard" and he didn't even care - didn't need any paperwork to enter or leave Canada. If they required a license, I'm sure I would have been met with more grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom