Cricket feeders, important info. Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badmojomn

Come to think of it I would throw a couple of small super worms and wax worms in with the crickets also, they were kind of cannibals so I gave them something else to nibble on that was moving. They loved the wax worms. U

Badmojomn":3olsc0cc said:
Feed squash carrots greens, only some potato. Soak carrots and dryer veg in water a bit.
Cricket food formulated for crickets is ok but fresh veg every few days is ideal for staple.
Sugar snap peas they like also.
Zucchini is another good one. I always found the potato rotted to quickly anyhow.

thanks alot ill try all those out hey can u please find my most recent topic about housing beardies and lend me some advice?

A2PA

Jess":3sog7x3d said:
... And I find normal crickets terrifying. :shock:

same here! haha I hate handeling them, I'm looking into phoenix warms :D
also, hello fellow Minnesotan haha

Matticus

Does anyone have any information on Flukers crickets? I just placed an order over the weekend that should be here either by end of today or tomorrow.

Raicardso

Jess":m5ixmvg7 said:
My crickets don't seem to have been affected (I get them from Pet Supplies Plus). I think I only had 3 or 4 die over 2 days. So I'm grateful for healthy crickets right now, LOL. :D

It seems like superworms are being sold out faster though... I wonder if people are buying those instead now.

i get mine from pet supplies plus also and mine seem to have the virus. I'll buy 1,000 from them and within the first day a hundred or two will die randomly.

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
MrWhite":pah53r39 said:
Nice article..

I just got off the phone with my cricket breeder (I had to place an order) and they are not seeing an unusual death rates with their crickets. They are also not breeding any type of cricket except the standard american brown cricket.

I use http://www.millbrookcrickets.com

I am looking into getting a bearded dragon for my son. What size crickets do I need to get him, I have not looked at any actual dragons yet so I don't know the size I will be getting. I'm going to get it from petsmart because I know someone that works there and I can get a discount.

Do you have a recommendation, other than the space between their eyes, for the size of cricket? I dont want to order 1K crickets and it be to big, or too small.

Thanks

Matticus

You should be ok going with 1/4 size crickets. My little guys was on the 1/4 sized crickets when he was a month and 6 days old (when I got him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom