On an Anti-Dubia Hunger Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment has always been fed a dubia-heavy rotation of feeders... mostly dubia, mealworms, supers, and hornworms as a treat. I really can't afford silkworms on a regular basis and he's never been keen on crickets (and I find it a pain to hunt down and recapture the ones he won't eat or feed him one by one) so I just don't offer them.

For a few months now, however, Figment has been on an anti-dubia strike. He will not eat them at all, not even offered by hand. I have no idea why. This leaves mealworms and supers, and I'm worrying that I'm not giving him enough variety to thrive. (He gets plenty of proper beardie salads, of course.) He's about two years old.

Thoughts?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mealworms and supers are the bulk of my adults diets, always have been. Figment is old enough that the main nutrition for him should be coming from salads anyways. The varied salads are more important at this point IMO.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":q4jgo3bb said:
Mealworms and supers are the bulk of my adults diets, always have been. Figment is old enough that the main nutrition for him should be coming from salads anyways. The varied salads are more important at this point IMO.

-

Thanks, Brandon! I do try to give him nicely varied salads (just discovered baby kale!) and he loves that. If worms are good enough for your precious dragons, that’s validation enough for me. I know you wouldn’t risk your reptile kiddos! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom