Are there any alternatives to crickets as staple feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisser

My girlfriend hates crickets and roaches. I could probably getting away feeding there here and there, but keep them on hand in the house just won't work. I've heard about BSFL, Phoenix Worms, and Reptiworms. Are these viable options? How much would I be looking to spending monthly for these? I'm interested in getting a baby bearded dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
BSFL are good staple feeders esp for babies but for me the best are dubia roaches - I thought at first "ewwww" as well but after feeding crickets and listening to them chirp and stink and escape when the vet suggested roaches I decided to try them -- I will never go back to crickets again --- I fed BSFL / roaches as my main staple and complimented them w/ the BSFL simply because they were so small --- do not dust them if you get them --- they can be a main staple for dragons but you will need to feed alot of them because they are so small --- roaches can be kept in a 10 gallon aquarium fed dubia food / water crystals and food that you feed the dragon -- they are way more nutritional that crickets -- they are a lot easier to keep -- believe me you wont regret going w/ the roaches - you can also feed silk worms but they can get spendy- I did feed those as well - you need to feed a variety of bugs / insects as they will get tired of eating the same thing all the time --- worms are to be fed as a treat -- not a staple -- and I recommend NO meal worms till they are older like juvie age --- the exo skeleton on them is too harsh for babies stomachs -- wax worms are too fatty and long term and fed too many can cause liver damage -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom