Dubia colony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My reptiles really love dubia roaches. Where its getting to the point i can't afford keep spending 85 a week online. I wanted to start a dubia colony. I have 70 to spend. But don't know where to start. I emailed a few company's but they are no help. With the feeders of nutri grubs/dubia roaches. Being 250/275 a week. Going to be looking to rehouse a few of my reptiles. They are all feeding well an healthy been seen by my favorite vet. Just getting overwhelmed with there feeding care lately. I have 3 bearded dragons that stool 3x a day an never stop eating. 100 nutri grubs and around 25-30 dubia a day. Looking to start my own dubia colony I really need it. I spend 4 hours daily on my reptiles care. They are doing so well. Only one that takes few minutes is my python that eats 2 mouses twice a week. Pinky of course

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A colony definitely sounds like the way to go. I'd first check locally to try and find someone who has a colony that is thriving and wants to be rid of extra, or someone who is giving up an established colony. If you can't find that, then getting a handful of adults along with a mix of different sizes/ages (maybe 500 total with a couple dozen adults) should get a colony established in the next couple of months. The colony will require minimal care and will eat leftover salads and kitchen scraps - really kind of nice to have one around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom