What do I gut load Dubia with?

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

What do I gut load Dubia with?

Postby FlapJack16 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:39 pm

My apologies if this has already been answered on this forum- I didn't see it. I also think I asked this question somewhere, and I can't find that- so sorry to those who already helped me.
I received my order of 200 1.25" roaches (they are really really gross, but I suck it up, like I do a lot of gross things bc I love my animals :)

I have these flukes orange cubes, but I don't think those are good.

I know you aren't supposed to feed them anything with much calcium in it.
I also know you aren't really supposed to feed them anything you wouldn't feed the dragon- except oranges every now and then for vitamins.
I also know that you should clean the food out daily
and the last thing I know is not to brush the food with vet/cal.

Thanks so mucH!
FlapJack16
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What do I gut load Dubia with?

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:57 am

The roaches aren't so bad after a while. I think of them as potato/roly poly bugs. I usually feed my colony leftover veges/salads. They love squash and pumpkin and will eat through most greens without complaint. It's probably good to give them a little bit of protein now and then, but I don't really bother. I will put in an occasional slice of bread which they love. Sometimes some grain or oats. Mostly they just eat leftover salads though. Cores of bell pepper after I chop them, ends of carrots and squashes, etc. They aren't too picky.
CooperDragon

Re: What do I gut load Dubia with?

Postby FlapJack16 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 am

Very helpful, thank you! Do you have a list of what NOT to feed them?
FlapJack16
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders