Flukers BSFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Hello!
Does anyone have experience with purchasing Flukers BSFL online? I’m planning on buying 500 of them to feed my baby beardie that is about 3-4 months old. Would that be enough to last atleast a couple weeks or should I go for a larger amount? How many should I feed him a day and how can I care for the BSFL properly?

Thank you!

LimKH

PathfinderMom91":2llw8d1a said:
Hello!
Does anyone have experience with purchasing Flukers BSFL online? I’m planning on buying 500 of them to feed my baby beardie that is about 3-4 months old. Would that be enough to last atleast a couple weeks or should I go for a larger amount? How many should I feed him a day and how can I care for the BSFL properly?

Thank you!

I haven't tried it yet. The amount you have to feed a day doesn't really matter. You can limit the amount if your in a tight spot. Don't dust or gut load BSFL as they are rich in calcium and they don't need gut loading. They can last for about a month in the container you received them from.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LimKH":h06mstcf said:
PathfinderMom91":h06mstcf said:
Hello!

Thank you!

I haven't tried it yet. The amount you have to feed a day doesn't really matter. You can limit the amount if your in a tight spot. Don't dust or gut load BSFL as they are rich in calcium and they don't need gut loading. They can last for about a month in the container you received them from.

I was planning on using them as a staple feeder. Will it just depend on how much he eats in one sitting? Should I be feeding him 2 or 3 times a day?

LimKH

PathfinderMom91":28lr7ipm said:
LimKH":28lr7ipm said:
PathfinderMom91":28lr7ipm said:
Hello!

Thank you!

I was planning on using them as a staple feeder. Will it just depend on how much he eats in one sitting? Should I be feeding him 2 or 3 times a day?

Yes, try to feed it 3 times a day if yout feeding BSFL. There isn't a limit on how much he has to eat in a sitting. You can adjust the amount of BSFL for your bearded dragon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
PathfinderMom91":jhmp4wx0 said:
Hello!

Thank you!
You're may good for a couple of weeks with 500, or you may want to go for 1000. I use symtonbsf.com, so I can't answer about Flukers, but in any case, their care is SO easy! Keep them in a cool, dry, place (mine are often in my dishes cabinet), and you don't need to feed them (almost better not to, as they're composting bugs - feeding them could create a smell you don't want). I have portable electric beverage coolers, which lets me keep them longer, but that's not required, either. At most, you may need to sprinkle a few drops of water in the container, and/or remove any dead ones, if there are any. :0)

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That’s great to hear, it seems a lot easier to handle than any other feeder. I was going to store mine in a 5 gallon tank in my laundry room.
I went with flukers because they were cheaper. Lol

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Have had positive experiences with Flukers. My 1st order the post office messed up. Sent my order to the wrong place, some weird mistake that made no sense and Fluker's sent me a new order without me asking. Follow up orders have not had a problem. Most I have ordered is 250 large, they do keep a month, some will probably turn flies but most stay as larvae in the fridge in their container Flukers shipped them in

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":1m6ee8va said:
Have had positive experiences with Flukers. My 1st order the post office messed up. Sent my order to the wrong place, some weird mistake that made no sense and Fluker's sent me a new order without me asking. Follow up orders have not had a problem. Most I have ordered is 250 large, they do keep a month, some will probably turn flies but most stay as larvae in the fridge in their container Flukers shipped them in

That’s good! Are they very wriggly? My beardie only wants active food. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom