Weird Protrusion From Adult Male Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolla

Does anyone know what this is coming from this adult?
100177-9389077154.jpg
100177-4719493720.jpg

I noticed it when checking on their food/water. I haven't tried to remove it because I don't want to hurt him and for all I know, it's a normal part of his anatomy.

Apolla

Original Poster
I wanted to give you all an update.

I tried a few times to pull it out of him with no success. In fact, I'm afraid I traumatized the poor guy, because when I tugged really hard, some clear liquid came from his face. I think he vomited. Since I couldn't remove it without further hurting him, I froze him, got an art knife, and did an exploratory surgery.

I still don't know what it is, but I believe it's part of his regular anatomy. When I cut him open, I found a second one on the other side in the corresponding spot, like how we have ears on both sides. The second one, however, wasn't outside of the shell.

My best guess is he got injured and part of him slipped out like a hernia of sorts but I have no real confirmation.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is odd. thanks for the update. I wonder if he got into a fight of some sort. I haven't seen that with any of my colony but will keep a look out.

Apolla

Original Poster
CooperDragon":wm7nhy4i said:
That is odd. thanks for the update. I wonder if he got into a fight of some sort. I haven't seen that with any of my colony but will keep a look out.

Fighting or the weird thing? I have too many males at the moment so they're fighting, but Boga can only eat so many adults so quickly lol.

This sort of thing makes me wish I knew of an entomologist or had access to more science equipment, like a really good microscope and testing equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom