Silk worm egg incubation /Silk worm breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just placed an order for my first Silk worm eggs. I'm hoping to be able to get them into breeding cycles with a little bit of work. I have a few questions and would love to hear any advice or past experience with silk worm.

1. My first question is how to set up an incubator ? What type of light to use? And how to raise humidity of the box?
2. Do silkworms need UVB lighting to grow Well? I have a set up for day night timing and know to let younger worms have more night were older have longer day... just don't know if any light will Do??
3.how to get them to cocoon? I am using a set up with guttergard and paper towl/tolit paper rolls. Just wondering if anyone know why they like these rolls, is anyone using anything different??
4. Is there anything I should know about doing this !? Let me know thanks !!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure about lighting. You might want to talk with kingofnobbys about raising the silkworms. I know he's had success with that. Generally you want to use a plastic bin that you keep well sanitized. Put down paper towel for substrate and clean the bin frequently. You want it to stay clean and dry. You can cover the top with plastic wrap until they are large enough so they won't fit through a mesh or drilled hole top. Offer fresh mulberry leaves or grated chow every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom