Picky Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
So, as most of you know my Bearded dragon Murphy is new to me. I have had him about a month I bought him from someone else on March 21st. He should be two in July.

He is a picky eater. I offer him greens everyday and he does not want them. He has eaten a few blue berries, and he loves super worms and eats super worm about 3 times a week.

His lighting was not good when i got him and I have sense installed a proper Reptile T5HO 34" Standard Fixture & Reflector, and a Zoo Med 26062 Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 39W Fluorescent Lamp, 34" for him. I just can't figure out why he does not want greens. I sent a message to his old owner to find out what kind of greens he ate for her, and she said he was a picky eater like her.

Any advice on picky eaters?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can take time for them to adjust to a change in diet and care. I would just keep offering a variety and perhaps hold off on the supers for a while. He may be holding out for those. Try offering squash cut into worm shapes which he may go for. Hand feeding veges can sometimes be helpful too.

76248-9983280538.jpg

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You make squash look good. I'll pick him one up. He has been approaching and trying and eating some of his greens. He has not emptied his bowl yet though.

He has finally reached pooping two days in a row.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Murphy is doing much better now. I prepare his food at the beginning of the week and have used Rainbow meal worms for ordering a variety of insects. Last night he had his first hornworm which he loved!! (he ate 3)

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your previous help above. I have learned alot. I prepare the salads at the beginning of the week, and this is an example of the daily salads that both my babies get.

98313-6162722413.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom