Dubias Eating Sugary Leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuWiMo

So... I have some stale samoas (the chocolate coconut girl scout cookies) and a stale donut. Both are perfectly safe for human consumption ofter than the taste and texture. Would it be bad to give them to the dubias as a dessert with their normal assortment of fruits and oats? What about other food high in sugar?
Just hoping not to give them a sugar high if it is safe... :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't offer them that much sugar although they can probably dispose of it for you if you don't want them. Shame on you for letting samoas go stale though :wink:

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
A good general rule is not to give your feeders anything you wouldn’t feed directly to your beardie, because when you feed dubias you’re essentially creating a turducken (in addition to their meat you’re also delivering what’s in their stomach to your beardies, and dubias have a very long digestive tract so they can pack away quite a bit of cookies if allowed). So stick with a low protein high veggie diet for the dubias. Side note: If you had Girl Scout cookies that expired you have much stronger willpower than I do. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom