Why so many superworms dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
I bought 1000 superworms from bassettes cricket ranch and like 70% of them are dead. Could that be some disease? Or is it just heat and they're still ok to feed to me dragon?

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mysty":ipq7om4w said:
Do not feed dead bugs. Take a picture/video and request a refund.
Ya I want going to. The live ones seem healthy though. I emailed the company but they can't get back to me till Monday

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That seems like a pretty high die off rate, especially for supers which tend to be pretty tough. Hopefully the company will reimburse or send a new batch. Perhaps they overheated at some point during shipping.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how many was the delivery and what were the temps ? As mentioned, they will die if they get to hot . Some companies will not guarantee live arrival if the bugs are not overnighted and/or if the temp. is too high. You might try Millbrook, they only ship overnight and that greatly increases the chances for live delivery. Google the temps. at the company's address . If it's over 90, most bugs won't survive.

And yes, you can still feed the leftover live ones. But DO check the company's guarantee and see if you qualify to have a free shipment. ....EDIT....I just Googled, their weather is almost 100 all week. You won't get any live bugs from them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom