Why so many superworms dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
I bought 1000 superworms from bassettes cricket ranch and like 70% of them are dead. Could that be some disease? Or is it just heat and they're still ok to feed to me dragon?

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mysty":ipq7om4w said:
Do not feed dead bugs. Take a picture/video and request a refund.
Ya I want going to. The live ones seem healthy though. I emailed the company but they can't get back to me till Monday

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That seems like a pretty high die off rate, especially for supers which tend to be pretty tough. Hopefully the company will reimburse or send a new batch. Perhaps they overheated at some point during shipping.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how many was the delivery and what were the temps ? As mentioned, they will die if they get to hot . Some companies will not guarantee live arrival if the bugs are not overnighted and/or if the temp. is too high. You might try Millbrook, they only ship overnight and that greatly increases the chances for live delivery. Google the temps. at the company's address . If it's over 90, most bugs won't survive.

And yes, you can still feed the leftover live ones. But DO check the company's guarantee and see if you qualify to have a free shipment. ....EDIT....I just Googled, their weather is almost 100 all week. You won't get any live bugs from them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom