silk worm help

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I ordered some silk worms. they were shipped from FL on Monday and I received them today in MA.
The problem I have is I know it was said they may need to warm up but does this look normal?

83913-6484309779.jpg

Of that pile, one started to sort of move since the picture was taken(about 1.5 hrs ago)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to see in the photo. If they aren't moving and if they are squishy/collapse when you touch them then they are dead.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was told to let them warm up @78 until morning and see what happens. just seems like the usps threw the package around. I don't think it's 100% where I ordered because they have a extremely good reputation here and other forums I belong to. The horn worms are all fat and lively but the silks kinda got balled up in the food.

I'll still order from this place. maybe eggs and food separate if they do that.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Silkworms will be very still if there is no food and / or they are too cold and / or they are shedding.

Have they started moving yet once rewarmed ?

.... if aren't showing signs of starting to move by now and quite limp, they are dead.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":y307uk1q said:
Silkworms will be very still if there is no food and / or they are too cold and / or they are shedding.

.... if aren't showing signs of starting to move by now and quite limp, they are dead.

PM'ed you.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
illuminis":npf3kw9q said:
kingofnobbys":npf3kw9q said:

PM'ed you.
PMéd Uback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom