CHE mounted to ceiling of vivarium

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should work. I doubt the socket will get hot enough to affect melamine. You could use a heat projector bulb (Arcadia and MegaRay make them) which do pretty much the same thing but don't get as hot on their surfaces. Both CHE and heat projectors work well with on/off thermostats so you can set them to just kick on as needed.

indianaryan

Original Poster
CooperDragon":r3g9kp4y said:
That should work. I doubt the socket will get hot enough to affect melamine. You could use a heat projector bulb (Arcadia and MegaRay make them) which do pretty much the same thing but don't get as hot on their surfaces. Both CHE and heat projectors work well with on/off thermostats so you can set them to just kick on as needed.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I plan to get an on/off thermostat for the CHE. I may spring for the heat projector bulb at some point. I like the idea of it not getting as hot on its surface.

I went ahead and mounted the fixtures on shallow boxes last night. Progress! The hooks that you see in the picture are for the t5 fixture that I'll be hanging. I think I would like for the bottom of that to be at the bottom of the basking bulb. That way the basking bulb isn't blocking any UVB from making it to the basking surface.

110702-6198637057.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks good. You could even mount the UVB at an angle from the front corner to the center back (roughly) so the basking light is in the center of a triangle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom