Grow Dandelions inside the enclosure??

not sure if this belongs here but my little bud loves dandelions to absolute death so I was wondering if it would be possible to grow dandelions inside of the enclosure so if he was ever in the mood for a snack he could have a bite :)

my questions are:
-is it possible?
-is it a good idea or not?
-should I just rather grow them outside of the enclosure?

thank you very much!

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
WideEyedBass":az44ulnt said:
not sure if this belongs here but my little bud loves dandelions to absolute death so I was wondering if it would be possible to grow dandelions inside of the enclosure so if he was ever in the mood for a snack he could have a bite :)

my questions are:
-is it possible?
-is it a good idea or not?
-should I just rather grow them outside of the enclosure?

thank you very much!
I have grown them inside the enclosure . Ince in awhile some sprouts but she usually eats it . The best way to go about this is going bioactive . Either go fully bioactive or not at all. Anyone who's ever went bioactive never looked back

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably worth a shot. I would try growing some outside and some inside the enclosure. If you don't switch to a bioactive, I'd use a pot that is fairly low and wide so it isn't easily knocked over. A lot of times when people try growing plants inside the enclosure they get trampled or eaten quickly. If they get eaten quickly you can continue to grow some outside of the enclosure and put them in when they're ready. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth experimenting with a bit.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom