Help with wiring issues please

Kyzer

Does anyone no how I would wire this fixture, unfortunately I did not realize that my other fixture would start to melt and I need to get it out asap and put this new metal one in.

So the new fixture is a metal flood light fixture it has two white wires and two black wires, and also two green ground screws. In the previous fixture there was no ground so I just used a 2 pronged extension cord and wired accordingly.

For this new fixture I went and got a 3 prone extension cord that has a ground wire. My question is if there is two ground screws on the fixture does it matter which which one I ground it to or do both screws have to be grounded? [ximg]109823 5473604682[/ximg]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would probably use a twist on wire connector to bind the three white wires together and another to bind the three black wires together. You could also solder them if you have experience with that, but the twist on connectors should work and are pretty easy to use. The ground can be set to either ground terminal as far as I know. Do make sure the system is completely unplugged before handling the wires.

Kyzer

Original Poster
CooperDragon":232bhham said:
I would probably use a twist on wire connector to bind the three white wires together and another to bind the three black wires together. You could also solder them if you have experience with that, but the twist on connectors should work and are pretty easy to use. The ground can be set to either ground terminal as far as I know. Do make sure the system is completely unplugged before handling the wires.

OK thanks. Yea I have some wiring nuts u will use to connect the hot and neutral wires I was just unsure of the ground because of the two grounding screws, and a google search returned nothing helpful, I thought maybe someone here may have dealt with this issue as well

Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Either of the ground screws should ground the whole fixture. So just use either. Or if you care enough, just connect the two ground screws together with a separate wire.

Really not need though this application.

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom