Diy tv stand tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have a quick question. I read somewhere that bearded dragons should never be in a cedar wood tank, I am not quite sure what kind of wood my stand is made out of since i grabbed it off the side of the road. If it happens to be cedar is there any kind of sealant i could put on the wood to help? Trying to save space and decided to make my giant tv stand into a giant tank for my babies. The top section is going to be Rasputin’s tank, i am going to cut out a section for a ramp for zyms tank, and another section cut out for eddie and bibis tank as well. All separate tanks but all in one area leaving my bedroom with more room. If any one has any ideas on what to do that would be amazing. Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Furniture typically isn't made out of cedar unless it's patio furniture like wooden outdoor chairs or tables.

But, you'll want to seal any type of wood you use anyways, and sealing the wood will make it safe :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom