Slate Sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmod738

I'm just about finished with the fake rock climb/hide for my new viv, but wondering if I should seal the slate flooring too? I have slate in the current tank and I love it, but wondering if I should seal it to make it less porous/more sanitary? I plan to seal it with aquarium silicone to keep nasties from underneath the tiles.

I am considering siliconing the hide to the floor too, is that a good or bad idea?

Draven88

Hatchling Member
I am note sure how to advise you on sealing the slate or not, I use ceramic tiles that are slightly textured but still very easy to clean myself. But I personally would not attach the hide down unless the opening is large enough for you to reach in and easily pull them out should the need arise. I always like that if they are hiding/brumating I can easily look in on them to watch for anything abnormal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom