Spray on Bed Liner

I just built a sun temple out of Styrofoam for my beardie, and I am wanting to coat it in Bed Liner instead of Mortaring it like I did his climbing walls. As I don't want to lose the angles. Does anyone know if this is safe to do so?? Or if you have a better alternative?

107957-9792176093.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Do you mean the kind of spray on "bed liner" that DIYS car repairers use sometimes ?

I'd avoid it for reptile tank furniture.

It'll outgas and is likely very toxic when constantly licked.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tile paint ?

I've seen some fake terracotta statues made from plastic ( molded acrylic ) that were painted with a product that was sprayed on and looked like terracotta ( sold at garden centres ) that were much cheaper than a proper terracotta statue .

You'll have to hunt it down and check it's composition and do a test piece first ( might make the Styrofoam "melt" if it's got the wrong solvents in it ).

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Just double check the “spray paint” on something if you go that route. I’ve used it for D&D sculpts, and the little pieces that make it look like granite can definitely be scratched/licked off by a beardie.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't just use grout and paint/seal like a normal fake rock project. You can thin the mortar for the first couple coats, and then use a thicker batch to form more details into it with the grout itself.

-Brandon

Hossinn

That is so cool! Is that food on top, or is that a basking area? I would love to build something like that, but looking at it makes me think I would need to have superior artistic skills...

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom