Is this grout safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked this up at Lowe's and just wanted to make sure it was safe to use before I opened it. I am making some fake rocks for a bio active bearded dragon enclosure and was told to go with unsanded grout. This was all I could see in the unsanded section. I picked out a colored grout and I thought I was good to go then I noticed it said "with polymer" on the bag. Not sure what that means, but like I said, it was all they offered. Is it safe to use or should I return it and look somewhere else? The fake rocks will be painted and sealed when complete. Thanks for any input!

full

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All grouts are extremely fine dust. You would want to use a mask any time your working with it. There isnt a grout out there that wont be like that. It's basically a cement. So if you've ever seen a bag of cement (not concrete) you'll know how fine of a dust masonry materials can be.

The polymer in it is just an additive to help give it strength.

Any grout really is safe to use as long as you're going to be sealing over it.

So you can definitely use the bag you bought if you want. I typically go for whatever is on sale lol.

-Brandon

saraho

Hatchling Member
Claudiusx":2hdysv5n said:
Any grout really is safe to use as long as you're going to be sealing over it.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm in the process of making a DIY hide for my beardie and am limited to supplies we have on hand. We had some grout so that's what I just coated it with. We were discussing the sealant and I'm glad we decided it was a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom