New enclosure advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, so I was just gifted these two wonderful wonderful beardies a male and a female and they came with this enclosure from a breeder there were four separate units and I know the picture is hard to see but what I did was I took the two bottom units open them up and connected them to make one long unit. So my thinking for this was on the right side could be basking you know heat area the left would be the cooler side which I am in the process of making a hide and also building a hammock area. The enclosure is 65 in Long 17 in tall by 19 in deep I have a 100 watt basking bulb to the right and then my UVB light is dead center. I haven't finished the top. And i know I need some more stuff in there. Any advice? On any aspect of my enclosure would be great.
106973-3673367198.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks good. I would probably move the uvb though closer to the hot side as opposed to the middle. You want the basking site to have the highest level of UV, with a gradient down to the cool side along with the temperature.

Hope that makes sense.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Summervillechx19":l0nb1q9p said:
Hi everyone, so I was just gifted these two wonderful wonderful beardies a male and a female and they came with this enclosure from a breeder there were four separate units and I know the picture is hard to see but what I did was I took the two bottom units open them up and connected them to make one long unit. So my thinking for this was on the right side could be basking you know heat area the left would be the cooler side which I am in the process of making a hide and also building a hammock area. The enclosure is 65 in Long 17 in tall by 19 in deep I have a 100 watt basking bulb to the right and then my UVB light is dead center. I haven't finished the top. And i know I need some more stuff in there. Any advice? On any aspect of my enclosure would be great.
106973-3673367198.jpg
Just a question? Are you putting them together in there? You say they are male and female? How many baby Beardies are you hoping for? LOL ?
-Dee

Summervillechx19

Original Poster
No, they are separate. I think he really wants to get a her, nut with her weight and all I don't think its a good idea. Plus I don't know how to breed. When I did pout them together, he just bite her neck and didn't try anything else, so I don't know

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Summervillechx19":kn79jilm said:
No, they are separate. I think he really wants to get a her, nut with her weight and all I don't think its a good idea. Plus I don't know how to breed. When I did pout them together, he just bite her neck and didn't try anything else, so I don't know

I doubt that your lack of breeding experience would prevent it. LOL! ? But glad they are separate. My Petey's parents were supposed to be males. Next thing you know, they have 12 babies! That's how my son ended up with 2 in separate enclosures. The people gave them away! Was more than they could handle. That's ok, I adore Petey and his 'dragontude'.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom