Very Large Enclosure Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Hello all!

I am looking to get into Uromastyx...and am planning a fairly large enclosure to house multiples. As I want my 2 dog crates to fit under the cage(it will take up no more space in the spare bedroom) I am thinking of building something around 6ft Lx 4ft Wx 2ft H.

I want to build this out of plywood and do a natural rock background. For ventilation I will not be screening the top as I want to keep as much heat in as possible...so I am thinking of 4x floor/wall vents...2 on top and 1 per side. The front will be 2 swinging style doors made out of plexi.

What material is safe to seal the inside of the plywood with? What caulk is safe? Also what type of mortar is safe to assemble my rock wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom