Dresser DIY door question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking up a dresser this week to turn into a new enclosure for our little guy. I've been obsessively researching but I regards to doors I only ever see sliding glass doors. Are there any other options? I like the idea of sliding glass, but want to know what other options there are.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sure, you can get pretty creative with the doors. Generally you want them to allow easy access to the tank so front opening is often best. Sliding doors are popular, but you can use ones that have locking hinges and open up or open down, or you could have them open outward with hinges on the sides. Just as long as the doors are stable and can be latched you can configure them however you'd like. I personally like doors that latch on top and drop down out of the way. I currently have doors that have hinges on the side and open out like a cupboard but I wind up bumping into the glass a lot of I leave them open.

Darkestfallen

Beardie name(s)
darkestfallen
Piano hinges at a hardware store will be your best friend if you are looking for non sliding glass doors. I myself prefer sliding as it keeps visibility high and they are easy to remove. Like as said before though, make sure you have a good way of securing the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom