Self-Leveling Compound for Foam Rock Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallyReed

I am about 1/3 of the way through my enclosure build and am starting to strategize the faux rock background I want to build. I have some left-over self-leveling compound from another project and reviewing the Safety Data Sheet, I see that the VOC content is 0 g/L, thus I am assuming it will be safe for the build.

I have seen one old post where the same compound was used but wanted to check to see if anyone else has had any experience with the product for the same purpose.

Darkestfallen

Beardie name(s)
darkestfallen
Mortar, grout and self leveling compound are pretty similar items to use. You would want it to have a little less moisture when you mix it though. I would try a paste like consistency. And remember to use several layers. When your done though, you will need to use a non toxic sealer to avoid bacterial growth in the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom