DIY enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilaryzw

Hi, I’m new here. Does anyone have guidance/instructions on how to build my own enclosure? 4x2x2 in size. I’m so lost! TIA

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you aren't handly with tools , not all of us are .

You can use 1" SQR hollow aluminium tubing and CONNECTIT nylon connectors to join the precut aluminium tubing together very nicely to form a nice strong yet light box frame.
All you need is rubber mallot to knock the tubes into the joiners.
Any hardware store who sells plywood or even internal timber wall panels will cut a sheet or two to your exact specifications , ie
3 sheets 4ft x 2ft
2 sheets 2ft x 2ft
Then all you need is a power drill and drill driver bits and a bunch of self drilling self tapping screws to attach the wood sheets to the metal frame. (No glue needed.)

add some hinges or plastic sliding door tracks and either a couple of 2ft x 2ft x 6mm thick acrylic sheets (for doors) or a get a glasier to cut some laminated glass to make two sliding glass doors to fit.

Vents : round plastic cupboard vents work well , are a breeze to install, all you need a suitable size hole saw and they slide in very snugly.

See this for viewtopic.php?f=34&t=246483 more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom