How to make a harness for a beardie missing an arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surprised

Hello,
My bearded dragon has three arms- a front left arm, and both back legs. He is missing the front right arm. This is because before I bought him from a breeder, the babies fought and his arm became injured, and it had to be amputated. I bought him anyways, and he’s healthy and moves around just fine.

The only problem is, I tried making him a harness and it didn’t work because of the missing arm. He crawled right out of it. ;-; I was wondering if anyone else has a beardie with the same disability and whether you were able to design a harness for them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had good luck making hip harnesses. I use one for my guy. It's a strap or cloth that fits around their hip in front of the back legs and has a loop on the back that can connect to a leash. There is some discussion on them here https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133967

If you stay close to him and he is well supervised he may not wind up needing one though. I rarely use the one I have for my guy.

Surprised

Original Poster
Thank you so much!!! This is absolutely perfect. I just made this for him a few minutes ago and so far, it works great! I was getting worried that he wouldn’t be able to ever have a harness, but this is such a simple solution. And he needs a harness, he can run extremely fast if he gets angry or scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom