dig box (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if it was okay to use beans like pinto and lima, etc for a dig box (if they were cleaned and everything)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you mean a dig box to just burrow and play in? Or one to lay eggs in? Usually you want to use material that will hold a cave structure for an egg laying box. For burrowing it might work but it still won't really hold shape. They tend to burrow under foliage and dirt in the wild. For just burrowing down to sleep I've found that a pile of fleece scraps or some fleece blankets works well. It doesn't get caught in their nails, can hold a bit of a nest shape if that's what they're after, and it's easy to wash if it gets dirty.

melon0head

Original Poster
CooperDragon":29iirh6t said:
Do you mean a dig box to just burrow and play in? Or one to lay eggs in? Usually you want to use material that will hold a cave structure for an egg laying box. For burrowing it might work but it still won't really hold shape. They tend to burrow under foliage and dirt in the wild. For just burrowing down to sleep I've found that a pile of fleece scraps or some fleece blankets works well. It doesn't get caught in their nails, can hold a bit of a nest shape if that's what they're after, and it's easy to wash if it gets dirty.
DEFINITELY just to play in my beardie is still a juvenile so i was just wondering if he’d have fun in it

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe. You could give it a try and see how it goes. Try to prevent him from eating any of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom