sharing my polystyrene basking platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
hey im building this for the first time based on the beautiful dragons website and i followed lizard landscapes advice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4gCuKRCeU here is what im working on [ximg]97755 2695768648[/ximg]i made a couple mistakes i might remake this after i finish this i used sanded grout which is ok but the non sanded be much better the first coat didnt really bond well the stairs were starting to break i put some toothpicks to reinforced it then once i put the 3rd coat it really bonded well im doing 1 more coat before i use the penetrating sealant so if i had to do it again i would make sure i glue it real well and reinforce with toothpicks on the weak spots such as the steps before i grout certainly the sanded grout gives it a rougher surface but i think the non sanded grout be easier to work with and probably don't need that many coats the materials i used
polystyrene home depot 1 inch 8x4 sheet
loctite powergrab adhesive
aquamix penetrating sealer i had to buy this online amazon
acrylic paint i went to michaels bought a few bottles for 70 cents each i bought the terra cotta color
i bought the shields all waterproof you can only buy that online but i also have mod podge
my lizard likes to poop in the basking area so i will use shields all
for brushes,bowls i went to the dollar store.
and thats all you need very easy to work with foam.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for posting this. It's fairly common for folks to want to build these so hopefully your experience will help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom