Tile Question for Enclosure Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to make my BTS a half tile half aspen enclosure so she has a place to burrow and a place to chill. I was wondering what tile/stone/brick would be the best to use and what the process would be to sanitize and place it. Thanks for the help it’s greatly appreciated! (Also can somebody show me how to post a pic so I can show the photo that I got the idea from?)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a slightly rough (not glossy) ceramic tile cut to fit the floor of the tank. They are easy to take out to clean. I just spray them with vinegar and wipe them down. Then to sanitize I either spray them with F10 or put them in the oven for half an hour to bake them at 250.

You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Babybeardie3

Original Poster
91559-1190605346.jpg

I want to do something like this. But this way she can burrow but there is also a place for her to chill and be seen. Because as of right now she has nothing but substrate and I rarely ever see her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I prefer using fleece blankets and scraps for burrowing. They are soft and won't catch on their nails but are easy to clean by throwing in the washer/dryer as needed. Not all that natural but it's a good tradeoff from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom